If your refrigerator is acting up and is not performing like it should, it could be getting to the end of its lifespan. This is an unfortunate thing, but it happens. It could be that you can get several more years of quality work out of your refrigerator with a bit of common issues that occur. Of course, we do not recommend you try any to make any repairs to your refrigerator and instead call us – the professionals at Jamerson Appliance Repair. Here is what you can look for to help us troubleshoot your refrigerator.
All refrigerators should be between 37 and 41 degrees. If the refrigerator is warm when you open the door, here are a few things you can check:
1. Does it have power? The light should come on if it is plugged in;
2. Check thermostat – adjust to a colder temperature if necessary;
3. Check the vents – Hot air comes out of the unit, be sure they are not obstructed;
4. Vacuum the coils under or behind the unit.
If these do not solve the problem, you may need the condenser or evaporator fan replaced. This is a job for a professional from Jamerson Appliance Repair.
1. Check thermostat again – adjust to a warmer setting;
2. Thermistor is out – Again, you will need a professional to adjust this for you;
3. Temperature control board is out – Call us and save yourself time.
Old freezers can get buildup. Be sure there is not a cracked door seal allowing warm air in. If this is not the issue, it is likely something you will need us to repair for you, like the defrost sensor.
Call us for regular maintenance
Chances are your unit will last a few more years outside of these simple to troubleshoot issues, but the best solution to your problem is regular routine maintenance with your professional friends at Jamerson Appliance Repair. We can give you piece of mind and assurance that your appliances will be in tip top shape for their life. Contact us today to come out and have a look.
Call (910) 351-0293 to schedule regular maintenance check up for your refrigerator and appliance repair.